RE: local write wait event

  • From: "Parker, Matthew" <matthewp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <chupit@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 01:42:46 -0700

 "local write wait" refers to the wait in a session to reuse the same =
buffer, while dbwr is trying to flush the same dirty buffer.
There are variety of bugs listed in Metalink refering to this on the 10G =
version related to truncates. Could be one of the bugs or an OS problem =
with the disk dbwr is trying to write to.