Re: awr history

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 20:54:36 +1100

Daniel W. Fink wrote,on my timestamp of 14/01/2011 6:09 AM:
I will add one more caveat - remember that values reset after instance restarts.
So if you are depending on calculating the deltas (the only option available in
statspack), you need to test for an instance restart and adjust your logic
appropriately. I have a script
(http://www.optimaldba.com/scripts/CustomStatspack/optstat_statistic_matrix_weekly.sql)
that has that logic in the factored subqueries at the beginning.

One way to work around that problem is to test each delta. If it is negative, it is a direct indicator of a startup in the middle. Works fine for me, but of course with the caveat that for long deltas it is not reliable.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto