RE: awr history

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx" <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>, "eglewis71@xxxxxxxxx" <eglewis71@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Karl Arao <karlarao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 12:00:25 -0700

These are nice scripts, but just one caution on a problem I just noticed with
them - if your snap_ids skip numbers in their sequence then the stats for those
intervals will be omitted because the query relies on logic like this: "AND
s1.snap_id           = s0.snap_id + 1"

Another way of doing this without the limitation above is to use the LAG
function - here is an example:

select a.snap_id, a.snap_time, round((b.value-lag(b.value) over (order by
a.snap_time)) / (86400*(a.snap_time-lag(a.snap_time) over (order by
a.snap_id)))) as "Rds/sec" from stats$snapshot a, stats$sysstat b where
a.snap_id = b.snap_id and b.name = 'physical reads' and a.snap_time > sysdate-1
order by 1;

Regards,
Brandon

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Kellyn Pedersen

Karl must have missed this email, but I'll promote his scripts for him...
I've had way too much fun with them not to! :)
The AWR gen script, (awr_genwl.sql) was a source of great fun, that only after
a few, minor tweaks and a table creation, I was retaining high level AWR data
by dbid in a repository.  How nice it was to create many pretty, colorful
graphs for non-technical managers when they were quick to say, "It was the
databases fault!" :D
http://karlarao.wordpress.com/scripts-resources/