Re: Suggestions for monitoring tools?

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 15:47:35 -0600

> I know about Karma, which does more or less what I want, but it
> doesn't appear to have been updated in a long time so I'm not sure I
> want to rely on it.

As anyone anywhere in IT can attest, "updates" from support don't
necessarily imply reliability.  In contrast, software that is no longer
being updated can often be considered fully debugged.

I don't know anything about a product named "Karma", but perhaps it's now
stable enough to rely upon?

It "does more or less what [you] want".  Matching requirements is the most
important criteria, no?

Of course, if it's headed for the trash heap (or the company is about to be
purchased by CA -- same thing), then maybe darker things might be afoot...