RE: Storage array advice anyone?

  • From: "Cary Millsap" <cary.millsap@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 08:57:11 -0600

Chris,

I agree that the MTTF numbers these days are a lot different than when =
the
article was originally published. But I think that the structure of the
calculations has remained pretty constant.

I think you're right about how to model RAID level 0+1 (1+0)-it's just a
degenerate case of RAID level 5, where G=3D2.

I hate to become the bottleneck on getting your work in front of =
everyone.
There are lots of people on this list who can do the job as well or =
better
than I can. :) I'll look at it too (time permitting at the time when you
send it), but I'd recommend for you to show it on the list as soon as =
you're
done.

Cary Millsap
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com
* Nullius in verba *

Upcoming events:
- Performance Diagnosis 101: 1/4 Calgary
- SQL Optimization 101: 2/7 Dallas
- Hotsos Symposium 2005: March 6-10 Dallas
- Visit www.hotsos.com for schedule details...