Re: Restore problem

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ted Coyle" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 09:29:26 -0700

On 5/7/07, Ted Coyle <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 On Windows, the best tool to use to discover what is "locking" a file or
other process is Sysinternal's procexp.exe.

Handle is great, but in this case the GUI is a little better.

I do have procexp.exe, but prefer to use handle.

You say 'tuh-mah-toe', I say 'tuh-may-toe'.

I dare say I can redirect output from handle to a text file and
find the lines of interest well before I will find it in the GUI.
Yes, I am aware of the search button. :)

--
Jared Still