Re: Restore problem

  • From: kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 08:28:40 -0700 (PDT)

Also check to see if virus scanning is running on the db files.
  I was shocked when I found they were running it on db files when I started
here.

  Kathy

Brian Lucas <moabrivers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Sometimes stopping the Microsoft Distributed Transaction Service frees up
locks on Oracle files.  Also, make sure you don't have some other backup
process (veritas,etc.) that is kicking in during your restore.

Brian Lucas,
OCP 8i,9i,10g
Also LDS :)

  On 5/7/07, Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:       This is
great information Ted, thanks!!

  RF

  Robert G. Freeman
Oracle Consultant/DBA/Author
Principal Engineer/Team Manager
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Father of Five, Husband of One,
Author of various geeky computer titles
from Osborne/McGraw Hill (Oracle Press)
Sig V1.1