Restore problem

  • From: "J. Dex" <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 13:35:14 -0500

I have got a database that I cloned by copying a restore and then recreating the controlfile. It started up fine. After shutting it down, somebody mucked with one of the database files at the OS level. Now, when I try to start it up, it complains about that file so I shut it down and copied once again from the original backup the file that was messed with. Is there anyway to save this database? These are the errors I am getting now.

ORA-01190 controlfile or data file string is from before the last RESETLOGS
Cause: An attempt was made to use a datafile when the log reset information
in the file does not match the control file. Either the datafile or the control file is
a backup that was made before the most recent ALTER DATABASE OPEN
RESETLOGS.
Action: Restore file from a more recent backup.

ORA-01111 name for data file string is unknown - rename to correct file
Cause: The datafile was missing from a CREATE CONTROLFILE command or
BACKUP CONTROLFILE RECOVERY was done with a control file that was
saved before the file was created.
Action: Rename the MISSING file to the name of the real file.