Re: Replacing OPS$ accounts

  • From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wblanchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 19:39:32 +0200

William,

What about setting ops_authent_prefix to something different? It will
not lock the accounts, but in effect it's likely to look the same ...
If you set ops_authent_prefix to 'hagahaga' and a user connected (to the
OS) as joe tries

sqlplus /

Oracle will try to connect to hagahagajoe, which is unlikely to exist.
The only risk is if the user explicitly connects as ops$joe AND if the
account has an Oracle password (which sometimes happens, when people
need to remotely connect).

Hope that helps.

Stephane Faroult
RoughSea Ltd <http://www.roughsea.com>