Re: Replacing OPS$ accounts

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 10:19:54 +0300

In this case I think a login trigger is in order.
Create a login trigger that will allow login only from specific machines and only from the application program.

I know, this will not stop a user who know that he can copy sqlplus.exe to the application program name, but this will stop most regular users.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Blanchard, William wrote:

"I not sure that you have stated what you are trying to achieve here" Good question ;-). It's Friday and I need a beer ;-). We have remote_os_authent set to true so that the application -- on a different server -- can authenticate the users once they have logged into the application (an SSO of sorts). I guess what I'm really looking for is the "best practice" to secure the database given the constraints of having the OPS$ accounts. I don't mind if the users can get into the database via the application, the issue is that this also means they can log into the db using sqlplus, etc.

WGB