Replacing OPS$ accounts

  • From: "Blanchard, William" <wblanchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracledba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 12:02:34 -0500

Greetings,

We have a legacy app that is currently using OPS$ accounts to log the
users into the database.  Since this is a purchased application that is
no longer supported by the company we purchased it from, changing the
code isn't possible.  Has anyone found a way to get rid of these
accounts?  If not, is there a "best practice" for locking down the OPS$
accounts?

Thank you,

WGB

-

This email and any information, files, or materials transmitted with it
are confidential and are solely for the use of the intended recipient.
If you have received this email in error, please delete it and notify
the sender.