Re: Replacing OPS$ accounts

  • From: Mayen.Shah@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: wblanchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 13:56:24 -0400

William,

You may set to remote_os_authent to FALSE (default value) to prevent any
one from logging in as OPS$ account or you may change value of
os_authent_prefix to any string other than OPS$.

HTH

- Mayen

"Blanchard, William" <wblanchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jun 11 2010 01:02 PM
Please respond to
wblanchard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracledba@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Replacing OPS$ accounts

Greetings,
We have a legacy app that is currently using OPS$ accounts to log the
users into the database.  Since this is a purchased application that is no
longer supported by the company we purchased it from, changing the code
isn’t possible.  Has anyone found a way to get rid of these accounts?  If
not, is there a “best practice” for locking down the OPS$ accounts?

Thank you,
WGB

-

This email and any information, files, or materials transmitted with it
are confidential and are solely for the use of the intended recipient.
If you have received this email in error, please delete it and notify
the sender.