RE: Password file not getting updated

  • From: "Powell, Mark" <mark.powell2@xxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:43:01 +0100

Niall, nice reference.  The fact that Oracle has setup a non-standard backup
using tar makes me wonder if Oracle did not deliberately do something that is
the reason a sysdba session cannot be established as normal thought that still
seems odd to me.  I would like to see what is in the database startup and
perhaps shutdown scripts.  Obviously the startup scripts manage to start the
database instance so seeing how the scripts sets its environment may well hold
the clue as to how to get a sysdba session.