WAITING latch: row cache objects

  • From: GG <grzegorzof@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:47:02 +0200

Hi,
on my 4node 10.2.0.3 RAC database I've got hangs from time to time when
I'm checking waiting session got info like that (its from Tanel @sw output):

|356 WAITING latch: row cache objects                           62929
    0 address=           number= 199        tries= 0           0x256B21280: row
cache objects[c16]

      0x0000000256B21280

 337 WAITING latch: row cache objects                           38039
    0 address=           number= 199        tries= 0           0x256B21280: row
cache objects[c16]

      0x0000000256B21280

 312 WAITING latch: row cache objects                            7654
    0 address=           number= 199        tries= 0           0x256B21280: row
cache objects[c16]

      0x0000000256B21280

 418 WAITING latch: row cache objects                           11547
    0 address=           number= 199        tries= 0           0x256B21280: row
cache objects[c16]

      0x0000000256B21280

 709 WAITING latch: row cache objects                           20731
    0 address=           number= 199        tries= 0           0x256B21280: row
cache objects[c16]

      0x0000000256B21280

 660 WAITING latch: row cache objects                           17282
    0 address=           number= 199        tries= 0           0x256B21280: row
cache objects[c16]

      0x0000000256B21280

 652 WAITING latch: row cache objects                           43618
    0 address=           number= 199        tries= 0           0x256B21280: row
cache objects[c16]

      0x0000000256B21280

 584 WAITING latch: row cache objects                            7606
    0 address=           number= 199        tries= 0           0x256B21280: row
cache objects[c16]

      0x0000000256B21280

 487 WAITING latch: row cache objects                            3039
    0 address=           number= 199        tries= 0           0x256B21280: row
cache objects[c16]

      0x0000000256B21280

 478 WAITING latch: row cache objects                            3435
    0 address=           number= 199        tries= 0           0x256B21280: row
cache objects[c16]

      0x0000000256B21280

 752 WAITING latch: row cache objects                           39295
    0 address=           number= 199        tries= 0           0x256B21280: row
cache objects[c16]

      0x0000000256B21280

 465 WAITING latch: row cache objects                             757
    0 address=           number= 199        tries= 0           0x256B21280: row
cache objects[c16]

      0x0000000256B21280

 460 WAITING latch: row cache objects                            3596
    0 address=           number= 199        tries= 0           0x256B21280: row
cache objects[c16]

      0x0000000256B21280

 413 WAITING latch: row cache objects                           38836
    0 address=           number= 199        tries= 3           0x256B21280: row
cache objects[c16]

      0x0000000256B21280

 743 WAITING library cache lock                                 12366
  546 handle address=    lock address=      100*mode+namespace

      0x00000001BFEB6788 0x00000001FCA6FF68 = 301

 346 WAITING library cache pin                                    477
  195 handle address=    pin address=       100*mode+namespace
0x0000000110A0FBC8

So the address seems to be the same ||256B21280|, how can I go deeper and find
out whos blocking/overusing
rowcache id 16
16 PARENT                   dc_histogram_defs

    16 SUBORDINATE            0 dc_histogram_data

    16 SUBORDINATE            1 dc_histogram_data

Thought maybe latchprof with addr could help , but not sure .
Generaly how to find root cause for that .
Regards
GregG

Twoj wlasny dom za 675 zl/m-c!
http://linkint.pl/f2a56