Re: Oracle ventures into the O/S market.....?

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:28:58 -0400

Niall, Exchange got SQL Server engine, unfortunately that did see the light
of the day. Performance and stability will be added to the Exchange in the
year 2525. OO filesystem is a classic concept which is known from VMS
times as NLA0:, the device you can write any object to, without ever running
out of space. Unix/Linux has similar concept with /dev/null, the ideal space
for backups.
Some of the most bloated and horrendous pieces of software have come into
existence because vendors had a "vision". That vision must have been stimulated
by LSD, PCP or some other POSIX compliant hallucinogenic substance. I cannot
explain MS Exchange, CORBA, SOAP, EJB and some other pieces of software by
anything
else except by programming under influence. Most of the "concept" software that
is
supposed to be "the wave of the future" and is inefficient, complex, buggy,
hard to
follow, bloated and huge is in some way connected to Java. Those who wrote that
junk
have definitely been under influence when they've envisioned frankensoftware
like
that. That should be illegal. If that's the wave of the future, then let's drop
the
big one now and end it all.

--
Mladen Gogala