RE: Oracle out the door

  • From: "Pratap Singh (c)" <psingh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhthomp@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 08:52:34 -0700

Keeping Wall Street happy or Customers happy?
In fact most of the time Sales team do not focus on any of these two.
They are more content on making themselves happy or earning better bonus.
Most sales comp plan are focused on getting new customer and with less focus
on keeping existing customer happy.
As a new customer you can get huge discount and as existing customer very
little, unless you are ready to quit.

On the other hand I think most customer gain a lot just by mentioning they
may quit than by actually quitting Oracle..

Thanks,

PB Singh
DW Architect and Sr Data Modeler