RE: HTML DB - here to stay?

  • From: Dougie McGibbon <DMcGibbon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 08:00:56 +1200

WebDB started of as a basic web driven design tool and rapidly turned into
Oracle Portal - which is the full function multi tier application server now
known as 9iAS. It looks like HTMLDB is a return to the basic roots of WebDB
where they've simplified it, jazzed it up a bit and restricted the scope of
it. We're starting to think of it as a sort of MS Access killer. It's ideal
for small applications with a limited number of users, or for doing simple
intranet style apps (staff directory, server inventories etc).

Dougie McGibbon