Re: HTML DB - here to stay?

Quoting ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx:

> Oracle has a track record of saying this is the direction we are going and
> then changing their mind. If you go to the ODTUG listservs and ask about this
> they will point out their history with Oracle Designer. Oracle convinced alot
> of people to spend alot of time(years in many cases) to become very
> proficient with designer. Many people designed full development processes
> around it. Oracle has ceased adding new features to it. Doesn't even cover
> hash partitions. Its still a good tool, but its clearly slowly fading away.
> Wasn't there some web based technology oracle was talking about in 2000-2001,
> that just dissappeared?

Would be nice if it was just Designer.  Anyone can
remember "Java-in-the-database-engine"?  j2ee containers?
And has anyone tried to use any of the later SQL features
with PRO*C, like for example the MERGE statement?

And then they worry about people not
"embracing" new stuff fast enough...
--
Cheers