Re: Enforcing plan via SQL plan baseline

  • From: amit bansal <amit.bansal82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 09:45:26 +0530

hi,
While testing DBMS_SPM I found that if we use alias in query and copy that
plan to original statement, it will not work..Full article can be seen here

http://askdba.org/weblog/2011/12/plan-stability-using-sql-profiles-and-sql-plan-management/

Regards
Amit

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 1:17 AM, Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Wolfgang Breitling
> <centrex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>> And you disabled the original (unhinted) plan? Did you follow the steps
in
>> Maria's blog ( http://blogs.oracle.com/**optimizer/tags/sql_plan_**
>> management <http://blogs.oracle.com/optimizer/tags/sql_plan_management>)?
I haven't had a problem substituting a different plan for a sql. My