Re: Enforcing plan via SQL plan baseline

please correct me if going wrong..FTS means full table scan, everyone
recommends to avoid..you want FTS to happen in your query execution..
query optimzer hints are generally used to optimize query..may be you can
avoid if they are present in your query..so it will take default plan
thanks..subodh

On 3 February 2012 02:26, Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Folks,
> When using SQL plan baseline, is it possible to instruct the optimizer
> to use a baseline that has sub-optimal plan than the one it is currently
> using. For example, a SQL statement, which cannot be altered because it
> is coming out of a COTS application, is currently using an index scan
> and I would like to force it to use FTS. I have tried forcing the
> optimizer to use the SQL plan baseline but it keeps using the index path
> and hence ignoring the plan baseline. Any feedback will be appreciated.
>

> Thanks
>
> Amir
>

> --

Love me or Hate me both are in my Favour.
Love me, I am in your Heart. Hate me, I am in your Mind.