Enforcing plan via SQL plan baseline

  • From: "Hameed, Amir" <Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 15:56:44 -0500

Folks,
When using SQL plan baseline, is it possible to instruct the optimizer
to use a baseline that has sub-optimal plan than the one it is currently
using. For example, a SQL statement, which cannot be altered because it
is coming out of a COTS application, is currently using an index scan
and I would like to force it to use FTS. I have tried forcing the
optimizer to use the SQL plan baseline but it keeps using the index path
and hence ignoring the plan baseline. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks

Amir