Re: Enforcing plan via SQL plan baseline

  • From: Saurabh Sood <email2sood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 14:19:42 +0800

Hi Amir,
In this case, if you want to use FTS plan, then you have to manually load
the plan from the cursor cache and while using
DBMS_SPM.LOAD_PLANS_FROM_CURSOR_CACHE set the attribute "FIXED" to yes. It
will fix the plan for that particular sqlid used.

The database does not verify manually loaded plans for performance, but
adds them as accepted plans. So you should see accepted=YES in
DBA_SQL_PLAN_BASELINES view after adding the plan.

Check the fixed column value under DBA_SQL_PLAN_BASELINES, it should be
yes. Now flush the query from shared pool to check the results.

- Saurabh Sood
www.askdba.org