RE: Easy way to copy databases when using RMAN?

  • From: Riyaj Shamsudeen <rshamsud@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 09:13:01 -0500

Nope. Resetlogs does NOT change the DBID. Of course, dbname name is X'ed
out..
Here is the proof:

-- This is from production..
 select dbid, name, resetlogs_time from v$database;

      DBID NAME      RESETLOGS
 879169316 XXXP      09-JAN-03

-- This is from copy of production with resetlogs..

 select dbid,name, resetlogs_time from v$database;

      DBID NAME      RESETLOGS
 879169316 XXXSTAGE  03-MAY-04

Thanks
Riyaj "Re-yas" Shamsudeen