Re: Differential incremental backups

  • From: Orlando L <oralrnr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: William Muriithi <william.muriithi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:38:20 -0500

You mean cumulative incremental backup? No. We are using diffrential
incremental backup. With that backup strategy will we be able to restore to
any point in time after the base backup?

Our need is to be able to go back to any point in time in the past seven
days. if that is the case, on Monday I will not be able to go back to
previous Thursday, for eg, because the base backup is on Sunday. Am I right
in assuming this?