RE: Differential incremental backups

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oralrnr@xxxxxxxxx>, <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 13:03:57 -0400

I read him as asking something nobody is picking up on.   As I read his
concern it says regardless of type of backup, if the level 0, or
whatever base is taken on Sunday, March 14th, and he has archives for
the entire month of march, can he recover to Friday March 12th.     For
the sake of the example he does not have another base backup supporting
Friday, March 12th.

Orlando can confirm if this isn't the actual question.    Of course as
with all backup scenarios, as Jared pointed out, one should test it
regardless of whether you believe you have the answers or not.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546