Re: Differential incremental backups

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: andrey.hudyakov@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 10:55:07 -0300

Orlando,

  Also keep in mind that RMAN automatically manages retentions for you, so
if you tell it that you need to have a retention policy of 'RECOVERY WINDOW
7 DAYS', it will automatically keep all the backup files required to
guarantee that policy. You will also have to use RMAN commands to ensure
backup consistency when deleteing files (namely: delete obsolete).

Also, read the RMAN documentation, there are a lot of answers there:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/availability/htdocs/rman_overview.htm
http://www.oracle.com/pls/db102/portal.portal_db?selected=4
Alan.-