Re: Auditing query

  • From: Adam Musch <ahmusch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:26:58 -0600

Dick did answer the original question; if CREATE SESSION is being
audited at the system level or user level, well, there you are.

There's a clarification needed.  Do you need the list of users which
have been directly granted CREATE SESSION?  That's easy -- look for
that in DBA_SYS_PRIVS.  However, if you need the list of users which
inherit CREATE SESSION through a role, you'll need a hierarchical
query including DBA_USERS (to get users, not roles for the starting
point), DBA_ROLE_PRIVS (user to role and role to role) and
DBA_SYS_PRIVS (role -> Create session).  Plus, just because a user has
CREATE SESSION doesn't mean they can log in -- if the account is
locked (also in DBA_USERS), it doesn't matter that the user has CREATE
SESSION.

It's not a trivial exercise, and I found it easier when I had to do it
to unwind the stack, as my dependency graph had only four levels and,
back in the 8i days, had loops in it.  Thanks, Oracle Applications!

--
Adam Musch
ahmusch@xxxxxxxxx