RE: utl_smtp issues

Just some thoughts off the top of my head...

Check the SMTP_OUT_SERVER parameter on the database.  Is it set to an IP
address or a HOSTNAME?  If hostname, verify that that hostname resolves to the
correct IP address on the server.  If set to an IP address, verify the IP
address is still correct and the server can reach that ip address.

I'm not really sure what it does under the covers.

Also check the SMTP server itself and see if it is doing a reverse lookup for
valid username resolution.  For example, you can configure the SMTP server to
validate the address that the email is coming "FROM" .  So, when you specify
the smtp sender, you have to provide a valid email address that will resolve at
the SMTP server, or it will throw it away. (If that feature is turned on)

Sounds to me like one of the following has happened:

1.)    Hostname has changed

2.)    IP address has changed

3.)    STMP configuration at the SMTP server has changed

4.)    SMTP_OUT_SERVER parameter is wrong or missing (after a database restart?)

Again, just some thoughts...

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
Office: 615-517-3355
Cell: 615-354-4799
Email: chris.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:chris.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and
may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing
the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the
information on any medium.