Re: Affordable Alternatives to Database Replay

  • From: Karl Arao <karlarao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 16:59:45 +0800

You're welcome Allen, it's really a cool tool. The new version even
has built in scripts to create the TPC-H schema, in old version it's
only TPC-C or create TPC-H manually. This way you could test your
server for DW queries.

In Swingbench, it's TPC-C and Calling Circle schemas, well I like the
flashy visualization of the workload especially when running it on a
RAC environment... very good for customer demos...

But compared to Swingbench, Hammerora is very flexible.

I haven't used the Database Replay.. if I find time, I'll give it a try.. :)

- Karl Arao
http://karlarao.wordpress.com