RE: Affordable Alternatives to Database Replay

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Rodrigo Trevis'" <rodgora@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 17:06:49 -0500

And of course if you've got an ancient copy of the regression tester from
Ebiz suite laying around that was really cool. You actually just turned it
on in capture mode and if you activated sqlplus as a tool the user had
access to you could pretty much do anything, then end the capture session
and have the concurrent manager play it back for you. I always wondered why
that module disappeared. I thought they were going to deploy database replay
as a product differentiator, not a revenue generator. Now it make a lot more
sense that regression tester was killed.

mwf

  _____

From: Rodrigo Trevis [mailto:rodgora@xxxxxxxxxxx]

You could check spClientMonitor software here http://www.spviewer.com/ which
seems to have this functionality.

  _____

consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions
business of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed
by it.