Re: ASM over SLVM

  • From: Naqi Mirza <naqimirza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 10:28:27 -0800 (PST)

Well, I'm the guy whose going to install rac10g, so not my money :). I am only
curious as to how the other pieces of the stack come into play. There are quite
a few good papers on hp.com, that describe what roles SGeRAC plays and what
roles the oracle clusterware plays in this role.
HP has given some answers so thats a start. What sucks is when you create an SR
with oracle, and ask the analyst to search internally for whether such a
deployment has been done and if so how. To have the analyst say dont know in
the end, is not want you want to hear.
Anyway I suppose I'll know shortly once I do this.
Thanks.