Re: ASM over SLVM

  • From: Naqi Mirza <naqimirza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 01:06:46 -0800 (PST)

----- Original Message ----
From: Naqi Mirza <naqimirza@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Job Miller <jobmiller@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, 28 December, 2006 1:52:54 PM
Subject: Re: ASM over SLVM

Well SGeRAC is apparently required by the application vendor. In any case I
have gone through loads of docs. I have seen the SGeRAC support matrix and now
11.17 supports ASM, the requirement is ASM over SLVM. It is quite confusing, in
oracle doc's they say do not use asm disks in SLVM. However the HP docs state
otherwise for 11.17.
Thanks