Re: 10g upgrade survey

  • From: "Ujang Jaenudin" <ujang.jaenudin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 18:00:10 +0700

hi,

could anyone have experience export/import about 250GB data? on SAN
how long it takes. or is it better by dbua & cross platform
transportable tablespace?

I will migrate oracle from win2k 64 bit oracle 9i non RAC to Linux 64
bit Oracle 10g RAC.

thanks for the reply

--
regards
ujang

On 3/21/07, Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, I agree.  Would also point out some bugs that have been reported on
this forum.  One was manual upgrades through 10.2.0.3 with datafiles created
back in eight.   However, if you ask me, and you have the down time.  Moving
things directly into Locally managed tablespaces now and getting it overwith
is worth it.