Re: 10g RAC -- Multiple DB's and mixed OS

  • From: "bill thater" <shrekdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mln@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 08:09:02 -0500

> I also have this one concern about Linux: Customers have absolutely no
> say in its future development. It's proudly free of commercial
> interests, which is, uhm, a cool thing for nerds and not so cool for
> customers.

but, at least for the bleeding edge versions, the customers ARE the
nerds.  then things migrate to the distributions for the rest of us as
they become stable.  i'm using SUSE 9.3 with KDE and many windows
users would be able to sruvive in my environment.  and it even does
automatic updating.;-)  now, would i give them root?  well, that's
another story altogether.;-)

Bill "Shrek" Thater     ORACLE DBA
       shrekdba@xxxxxxxxx
"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking