RE: 10053 trace for sql fired from pl/sql (stored code)

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Boris Dali" <boris_dali@xxxxxxxx>, "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 10:25:27 -0700

I'm not sure I understand your reasoning there.  Not sure why you find stored
outlines to be so costly/difficult - they're actually pretty simple and
effective.  Also not sure what either solution has to do with having to
identify all the problematic SQL - that is something you should do regardless
of how you decide tune/stabilize them.  If your goal is stability, then why are
you concerned about the plan being able to change with a stats update - seems
like you'd want to test that in a test environment first and then update your
stored outline if appropriate.

Regards,
Brandon