Re: 10053 trace for sql fired from pl/sql (stored code)

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:43:20 -0700

Dimitre and all,

now that you mention it, I recall that I had problems getting an 10053 trace out of a (in my case anonymous) PL/SQL block. I'll have to look how I eventually got what I was looking for (the 10053 trace). It is quite possible that I went the path of least resistance and used perl.
In my case the tool didn't matter since all I was after was the 10053 trace and a way to run the - more or less same - sql with slightly changed parameters.

Radoulov, Dimitre wrote:
> It works with 9i.
I tested it on 9.2.0.4 and 9.2.0.7 on Solaris. The execute immediate 'alter session set events ''10053 trace name context forever, level 1''' within a plsql block doesn't seem to provide the expected information. The same code works with event 10046. You could try to trace with 10046 to get the sql and the values of the bind variables and then trace with 10053 in sqlplus, but in this way you could miss an important session environment information (if the application sets some parameters before calling the plsql code for example).
So you can create a logon trigger that executes "alter session set events '10046 ... " for that particular user to see the entire application code.
Regards,
Dimitre Radoulov

-- Regards

Wolfgang Breitling