Re: 10053 trace for sql fired from pl/sql (stored code)

  • From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 12:49:24 -0600

Hi,

v$sql_plan_statistics already IS another sql). I believe sqlplus keeps the cursor of the most recent sql statement open, so it may be that the cursor needs to be closed for the statistics to be "populated". But then these are v$ views, so there is nothing to BE populated.

For scalability concerns some execution statistics are returned and added up to v$sql stuff only when cursor is closed, otherwise we'd have to go back to the shared cursor every small operation (like fetch etc).

Some of the stuff in X$KGLOB is incremented latchless way as well I believe.

Tanel.