Re: Failover using cloning and virtual host

  • From: "Jurijs Velikanovs" <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 13:59:12 +0300

Joseph,

It sounds like your Apps configuration is not 100% running on Virtual host.
Your CM-s are running on physical host, is it right?

If you might want to play with Parallel Concurrent Processing feature
which allow you to run CM-s on several hosts at the same time.
Or if you would like to keep those running on physical host then just
before running postclone actions you need to execute
fnd_conc_clone.setup_clean; procedure in order to clean old records in
FND_NODES table. Postclone calls autoconfig which adds proper hostname
to that table.

If you CM-s have been interrupted in abort mode (shutting down a node
for example) then you might considering to run cmclean.sql (available
on Mentalink just enter script name in the search field) script just
before starting up CM-s in the target node.

Jurijs

On 6/22/07, Joseph Amalraj <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

We have a EBS single node environment. This uses same virtual node for all
services. A failover environment is currently configured so that the virtual
node (and its ip address) fails over to the standby site. We ran preclone
and rapid clone for the failover. All services came up except for concurrent
manager processes. I guess I should have registered the physical host name
through OAM as a post clone step.

Please give me your input how this should be configured.

Thanks

Joseph Amalraj

--
Yury