Re: Failover using cloning and virtual host

  • From: Joseph Amalraj <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ora-apps-dba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 04:45:54 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Jurijs

Jurijs Velikanovs <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Joseph,

It sounds like your Apps configuration is not 100% running on Virtual host.
Your CM-s are running on physical host, is it right?

If you might want to play with Parallel Concurrent Processing feature
which allow you to run CM-s on several hosts at the same time.
Or if you would like to keep those running on physical host then just
before running postclone actions you need to execute
fnd_conc_clone.setup_clean; procedure in order to clean old records in
FND_NODES table. Postclone calls autoconfig which adds proper hostname
to that table.

If you CM-s have been interrupted in abort mode (shutting down a node
for example) then you might considering to run cmclean.sql (available
on Mentalink just enter script name in the search field) script just
before starting up CM-s in the target node.

Jurijs

--
Yury
+371 29268222 (+2 GMT)