[optimal] Re: Really cheap fundus camera

  • From: "Pat S. Harvey" <stana005@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 11:19:57 -0500

Marshall,

Actually they are pig eyes, so not as small as mice, etc.

Pat S. Harvey, CRA, OCT-C

Director, Ophthalmic Imaging and Photography

University of Minnesota

Department of Ophthalmology

612.625.5915

stana005@xxxxxxx

From: michael.p.kelly@xxxxxxxx

To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 23:43:04 +0000

WOW...what a treasure-trove of potential Scientific Session abstracts that
have surfaced over this past week! If even half of them are presented in
Chicago, Don Wong would be pleased. Submit! Submit! Submit! www.opsweb.org
<http://www.opsweb.org/>

From: stana005@xxxxxxx
To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [optimal] Really cheap fundus camera
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 14:20:44 -0500

Hello all,
One of our retina docs is asking for an extremely cheap fundus camera
solution for animal research.  He is suggesting under $5k cheap.  He has
forwarded me an article from a Paul Yates, MD PHD who took a Panasonic FZ20
and with some engineering skills rigged a fundus camera for use in the ED.
Any other solutions that are practical and relatively easy?
Thanks!
Pat

Pat S. Harvey, CRA, OCT-C

Director, Ophthalmic Imaging and Photography

University of Minnesota

Department of Ophthalmology

612.625.5915

stana005@xxxxxxx