[optimal] Re: How young is too young?

  • From: "Egnatz, Thomas James" <tegnatz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 09:50:14 -0400

I think Peter wins the contest.

I do remember doing a girl who was about six years old (in about 1981). As I recall, she had choroidal neovascularization. No evidence of histo or trauma.
She was an easy patient.

Tom

Quoting Peter Hay <peterhay@xxxxxxx>:

The youngest I have ever done is an 6 day old preme in the ICU -
branch vein occlusion. Had to wheel Topcon 50 VT into hospital from
Retina office.

Peter

_________________________
Peter Hay,BA,CRA,FOPS
Retina Vitreous Surgeons of CNY
3107 East Genesee Street
Syracuse, NY, 13224
peterhay@xxxxxxx

On Aug 16, 2012, at 8:11 AM, Dennis West wrote:

Hi Lisa,

Last week I did a 7 year old boy. While waiting his mom got him a
snack of cookies and chocolate milk.
Any guess on what I got to see after I injected him??
Remember to base the amount of dye to be injected on body weight.
Check the insert or PDR on proper dosing.

Or, and have a can ready to catch!

Dennis M. West, CRA

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 16, 2012, at 2:56 AM, Lisa Breayley
<Lisa.Breayley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Just wondering, one of our doctors wants to know if we?d do a angio
on a six year old. (Coat?s disease) We said ?yeah?? but very slowly
and would want to check it with our angio consultant first.

What?s the youngest age of a patient people have done and angio on?

Cheers,

Lisa

L.M.Breayley
Senior Photographer
MedPIC

The Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital
32 Gisborne Street
East Melbourne, Victoria 3002

Ph 61-3-9929 8335
Fax 61-3-9929 8217
www.eyeandear.org.au

Attention:
The information in this e-mail message may be confidential, and may
also be subject to legal privilege, public interest or legal
professional privilege.

If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or
copying of this e-mail is unauthorised.

If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender.

checked for the presence of computer viruses.

The Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital however does not warrant
the message is free of viruses.

It is recommended as a prudent business practice the recipient
perform a virus scan of any message received.