[optimal] Re: How young is too young?

  • From: Hasan Omairah <shagroon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Optimal Freelist <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 01:46:50 +0300

Lisa

In an OR setting I've performed IV FA on ROP babies ranging from few days to
few weeks old.
But in a clinic setting I think the youngest was four years old.

The dose to weight; and according to the product we have from AKORN (AK-FLUOR®
(fluorescein injection,USP)10%) its 7.7mg/Kg)

Hasan Omairah AAS COT OCT-C CRA
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

I still find
each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I
 want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want
to see" -John Burroughs

From: Lisa.Breayley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [optimal] How young is too young?
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 06:56:20 +0000

Hi,

Just wondering, one of our doctors wants to know if we’d do a angio on a six
year old. (Coat’s disease) We said “yeah…” but very slowly and would want to
check it with our angio consultant first.

What’s the youngest age of a patient people have done and angio on?

Cheers,

Lisa

L.M.Breayley
Senior Photographer
MedPIC

The Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital
32 Gisborne Street
East Melbourne, Victoria 3002

Ph 61-3-9929 8335
Fax 61-3-9929 8217
www.eyeandear.org.au

Attention:

The information in this e-mail message may be confidential, and may also be
subject to legal privilege, public interest or legal professional privilege.

If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this
e-mail is unauthorised.

If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked for the
presence of computer viruses.

The Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital however does not warrant the message
is free of viruses.

It is recommended as a prudent business practice the recipient perform  a virus
scan of any message received.