[optacon-l] Re: Total Active Optacons

  • From: "Janet Wallans" <janetcw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 22:35:23 -0600

Hi Nick,

I didn't know about Richard (I think that is the name of the person in San
Jose) a few years ago when I needed a new battery for the Optacon.

So, I contacted Freedom Scientific, which I think is in Florida, and they
put in a new battery for quite a bit of money. But the point of this is,
that when they sent it back to me, they sent it in a new soft pack. I can't
remember if I sent it to them in the soft pack I had. But I do remember that
I was surprised to get the new pack. So, they must have them in stock.

By the way, I also transported the Optacon for, I think, about 17 years
without a mishap.

Janet