[opengoo] Re: Graphics.

  • From: Dmitry Batarov <nonetype@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opengoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 21:47:21 +0400

Fabrizio, which hardware configuration do you have and version of opengl?

I have 2 PCs
2 cores x 1600 : 6-8 fps without opengl and 11-16 fps with opengl
2 cores x 2400 : ~30 fps without opengl (opengl don't work)

WoG works without problems on first PC.

06.12.2012 20:27, Fabrizio Signoretti пишет:
Opengoo doesn't run very well in opengl mode and all the qt examples have bad quality on my machine.

2012/12/6 Dmitry Batarov <nonetype@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:nonetype@xxxxxxxxx>>

    Has anyone encountered with games on PC with good graphics and
    animation (except chess, Tetris, Snake, balls) where Qt used for
    rendering?

    06.12.2012 13:11, Dmitry Batarov пишет:
    Good news -)

    06.12.2012 13:04, Slyshyk Oleksiy пишет:
    We may useQGraphicsPixmapItem for GOO
    (http://doc.qt.digia.com/qt/qgraphicspixmapitem.html). And
    QGraphickView can render on QGLWidget.

    2012/12/6 Dmitry Batarov <nonetype@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:nonetype@xxxxxxxxx>>

        I think that QGraphics not need use because GOO are sprite
        objects. The render basically should display a bitmap and
        not a vector objects, otherwise we will be used hard code
        but no design.
        May be better used for rendering OpenGL graphics QGLWidget
        or SDL library.

        05.12.2012 19 <tel:05.12.2012%2019>:32, Fabrizio Signoretti
        пишет:
        This could be the starting point:

        http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22799853/Opengoo%20schema.dia

        2012/12/5 Dmitry Batarov <nonetype@xxxxxxxxx
        <mailto:nonetype@xxxxxxxxx>>

            Fabrizio draw a diagram for clarity

            05.12.2012 12 <tel:05.12.2012%2012>:51, Fabrizio
            Signoretti пишет:
            No exactly just ideas.

            It's a little bit hard have a wide view of all aspects.

            The level class must be recoded like the goo's and in
            the meantime consider the new level creation.
            The clicks handlers must be changed like the drag
            event, practically the entire game.

            I've tried few example that uses QGraphicsScene but
            the performances aren't so good like the actual game's
            performances, on my machine.

            And how to organize the team?

            2012/12/5 Dmitry Batarov <nonetype@xxxxxxxxx
            <mailto:nonetype@xxxxxxxxx>>

                Fabrizio, do you have a plan of action?

                03.12.2012 14 <tel:03.12.2012%2014>:48, Fabrizio
                Signoretti пишет:
                Ok, thanks for the patch I will examine it later.

                Uml is very easy to use and it has been designed
                to be intuitive so it's not hard to understand at
                all.

                Actually we haven't the right resources to design
                a new graphics, if we make a good game will be
                easy to change it in the future.

                2012/12/3 Dmitry Batarov <nonetype@xxxxxxxxx
                <mailto:nonetype@xxxxxxxxx>>

                    1. I think that the game need a new design

                    2. I made a patch for WooGLE
                    https://github.com/Mandarancio/OpenGOO/issues/59

                    3. I don't know UML but I agree that we need
                    a similar tool

                    02.12.2012 22:20, Fabrizio Signoretti пишет:

                        Hello guys,
                        now we should use the mailing list
                        instead of using the github's issues.

                        I thought that before recode the graphics
                        part we should design a new module
                        subdivision of the code.
                        And, at the same time, mind about the
                        levels part.

                        If we want to use the WOG tool editor we
                        can take a snapshot of its code and adapt
                        it to our game.

                        However my thought is design the new game
                        structure in UML or something like that
                        and consider every use case and module of
                        the game.

                        What do you think?

-- Fabrizio

-- Fabrizio