[opendtv] Re: "we'll forever be stuck with by going ATSC"

  • From: "Barry Wilkins" <Barry.Wilkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:42:41 +1300

Doug Mc Donald wrote:

I have no idea what you mean.

Doug McDonald

So I could, according to your rules, claim to have an HD display if it
> had 1 million pixels even if it always turned them on in groups of
three
> with identical information.

What I mean is you (in effect) claimed the display would/could not do
justice to HD content because it cannot display it correctly even though
it has the "regulation" pixel count. Does that mean that anyone can
produce a display, and claim it is HD capable solely on the pixel count
alone, even if it cannot utilize all the pixels?

I understand all plasma screens must rescale content and therefore
may/will not utilize the total pixel count 100% efficiently.

Regards

Barry=20