[opendtv] Re: "we'll forever be stuck with by going ATSC"

  • From: "Barry Wilkins" <Barry.Wilkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 17:13:25 +1300

John

Further to my last email are you suggesting that when HD DVDs are
finally released that everybody in the UK will be disadvantaged because
their TVs will not be able to show the difference? That would be
ridiculous. I would say no more disadvantaged than the average US
household.

 What I expect to happen is a wholesale rush for HD displays everywhere
and this is precisely why the resolution of displays are ramping up. Not
because of ATSC transmissions in the US or anywhere else but because of
the huge demand for higher quality that has occurred with DVD and will
increase with HD DVD in the near future.

Barry =20