[opendtv] Re: Will Digital Passthru Effect Digital Tier Subscription?

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 15:44:12 -0400

When you get the Sunday paper, do you have a choice to delete 90 percent
of the waste paper that comes with it?

100%

If there is something worth reading i just go to the online edition.

Frankly I don;t miss recycling newspapers that i didn't read.

Now if we could just recycle some spectrum that hardly anyone is using...

I think all of this comes down to what you think constitutes acceptable
intrusion by govt. Evidently, you don't mind if govt butts in to decide
how a business can package its product, but you do mind very much when
govt butts in to tell that business that it must continue to serve its
analog customers after analog OTA shutoff.

Wrong.

Get the government out of the telecommunications business and treat the spectrum like a real market, and all of these market distortions will disappear quickly.