[opendtv] Re: USDTV demos at NAB

  • From: Mark Aitken <maitken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:25:37 -0400

Mr. Weaver,
I guess I will need change my pattern of insults (learn to be more
concealing with statements?) and truly apologize for offending the good
name of Dewey. I extend a momentary truce in the war of sticks and stones...

Let's stick to the truth.

I can speak for myself, and will address your 'we' (the you in your
words) as I (for I understand that you are making me one of the them in
the we of your you). I have certainly been skeptical, and the antics (in
the past?) of folks like Matt Miller are a big part of the reason (need
I point to the various press releases as a start?). The history of his
action and statements during his involvement with NxtWave speak volumes
to "less than true" assessments and statements. Honesty IS the best
policy, and that has not always been forthcoming from parties involved
(boo-hoo-hoo). There has only recently been a renewed effort on the part
of various serious DTV developers to be open about their progress, and
YES, there has (as of recent) been progress made! We are working with
two very well know (industry respected) firms on field programs that
will fully convince us that the ATSC multipath performance issues are a
thing of the past (now we just need to get the rest of the receiver
frontend issues addressed-and that will happen quickly when the OTA DTV
market is pushed by folks like us leveraging the huge analog platform we
rely upon for a living).

As to accessDTV and everyone else trying to make a living on ATSC...go
for it! The more folks that continue to try and make things work, the
more issues that are known and addressed, the further the technology and
possibilities may advance.

As to the "ex-Navy Seal or Special Forces Enforcer" you speak of...Mark
Hyman. He is that, and a whole lot more ;-) For example...

<http://www.newscentral.tv/thepoint/editorial.shtml>

Or...how about Baltimore's Best Local TV Personality :-)

<http://bob.citypaper.com/bob2003/story.asp?id=1366>

Nice guy (sometimes) to have on your team.

Truthfully, Best Regards to all (too few?) of my friends!

Mark
(the former insulting one)