[opendtv] Re: UK DTV: 250,000 STBs a month

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <res0xtey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:16:10 -0700

Bert wrote:
> As I indicated previously, I don't think that
> focusing just on LG 5th gen is relevant.
>
> Aside from that, I'd say that "in US homes" doesn't
> matter that much. Those who have cared to install
> DTT to date have made it work.

Can you define your meaning of "who have cared to install"? I know, or know
of, numerous relatively technically competent people who have given up on
attempts to make reliable DTT installations. Many such failures were
reported on this list. They would likely have been successful were 5th gen.
product available.

I recall a recent post in which you postulated that the Zenith/LG product
was not the only other available receiver with such performance specs and
that others, such as Hitachi, Panasonic, Sony, etc, are building receivers
that would be competitive. What evidence do you have to support this
statement? Though I wish it were true, I'm skeptical.