[opendtv] Re: Speaking Of Mobile...

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:40:09 -0800

The first time I saw one of M. Night Shyamalan's movies (I forget the name,
the one with the crop circles) was on a transatlantic flight using a very
small screen in the back of the seat.  I thought the movie had no tension
and was disappointed.  It even distracted me from the meaning of the story.
I later saw the film on a larger screen in my living room.  I felt the
tension and thought differently about the movie.  Truly, Mr. Lynch is quite
correct.  However, I am glad those long flights have the little screens and
they play movies on them!  There are good reasons to have mobile video even
if it does degrade the experience.

Dan Grimes